October 19, 2019 11:00 AM
Brunch with Mr. Poe
Join Edgar Allan Poe for a hearty brunch and spooky tales by the fireside! One of the Jacksonian Era’s premiere writers, Mr. Poe will offer dramatic readings of his works and stories of his life while you enjoy a family-style buffet in our historic Cabin-by-the-Spring. Come RAVENous because our menu is to DIE for!
- “Raven” Birds nest egg basket – Crispy hash browns, fresh eggs, Tennessee cheddar cheese and house bacon
- “House of Usher” Scrambled eggs
- “The Black Cat’s Favorite” – Blueberry sausage
- “Mellonta Tauta MELLONTA TAUTA” – Fresh-sliced melons
- “The Spirits of the Dead” – Pickled deviled eggs
- “Fairy Land” – Mini pancake bites with white chocolate and maple syrup drizzle
- ”Tell Tale Hearts” Chicken and vegetable kabobs
- “Mesmeric Revelation” Homemade biscuit station
- Fried chicken tender biscuits
- Root beer glazed ham on cinnamon raisin biscuit
- Served with “Chocolate Blood Gravy” and housemade jams and jellies
- “The Pit and the Pendulum Cocktail” Fruit tea (non-alcoholic)
- “Poe Me a Cup” Coffee service
Brunch cocktails will be available for purchase.
Following the performance, guests can enjoy a personal meet-and-greet with Mr. Poe. Buffet opens at 11 a.m., am and the performance begins at 11:45 a.m. Present your event receipt at the ticket office for a $4 discount off general admission to Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage that day.
We're sorry, but this event has sold out! Please contact our ticket office for more information on available tickets for future dates.
If you find this message in error, please check your reservation request and try again.